Funnel Leasing Privacy Notice
Effective Date: February 1, 2023
This Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice” or “Notice”) of Funnel Leasing (“our,” “we”) describes our privacy practices regarding personal information we collect from persons in the United States (“you” or “your”) via our website, platform, mobile application and other online services which post this Privacy Notice (collectively, our “Services”). Our Services include the provision of software-as-a-service and other tools to property owners, managers and our other business customers (the “Property Managers”) who manage apartment and other rental properties and interact with their potential or actual residents. These SaaS services (the “Platform”) include web pages and applications that permit residents and prospective residents to provide information to and otherwise interact with particular Property Managers.
We collect information that you choose to give us, that Property Managers provide to us, and other information that may be automatically collected from your use of our Services, including from your device. This Privacy Notice does not govern the use and/or storage of your personal information by Property Managers. You should contact your Property Manager to understand their information practices.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information that cannot be identified to any individual, household, or their devices. We are not responsible for third parties’ privacy practices. You should refer to these third parties to better understand their privacy practices. If you are an individual who has interacted with one of our Property Managers through our Services, you should contact them directly to understand their privacy practices and to exercise any applicable data rights regarding their use of your information.
How We Use Information We Collect
Information We Collect
To provide our Platform and other Services, we collect your personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- From or on behalf of Property Managers.
- Automatically as you utilize the Services.
Information directly from you. The information we collect on our website or through our Platform or other Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, submitting correspondence, registrations you complete and submit, or any other activity through which you identify yourself to us. You may be required to provide your name, email address, mailing address, username and password (if you choose to become a registered user of the Platform).
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services. You may be required to provide your credit card information, billing address, and other details to facilitate rent payments or other transactions.
Information from or on behalf of Property Managers. Property Managers may provide your personal information to us to facilitate use of the Services and Platform. The information they provide may include information regarding sales contacts, lease contract, deposit, payment and account balance information, family and pet information, unit information, move-in date and other move-in information, rental history, information required to run background checks, contact information and other information relating to onboarding, renting, and terminating your lease or rental.
Property Managers may ask you to provide personal information on the Platform when you fill out a lease application, communicate with a Property Manager, or request further services. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, social security number, driver’s license numbers, income, job titles, credit history, bank account information, date of birth, gender, age, emergency contact information, information about your pets, vehicle information, rental preferences, and other information necessary to facilitate their use of the Platform. You should contact the Property Manager directly to understand their practices for handling the information you provide.
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies. We may collect data regarding your use of our Platform or other Services through cookies, web beacons, and other automatically collected information. This data may include your IP address, date and time you access our Platform or other Services and the pages and content you access during your visit, websites that you link to or from, emails from us that you open, and the links you click on within those emails. We may also collect information from your mobile device or your computer about how you interact with our Platform or other Services, including IP address, operating system, and browser type. This information helps us address customer support issues, provide you with a personalized experience, prevent fraudulent use of our services, and manage the Services we provide you, including gathering aggregated data about engagement. Cookies are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. Cookies may also be used to personalize your visit by storing your preferences or displaying content based upon what you have viewed through our Platform or other Services. Web beacons or pixel tags connect web pages to web servers and their cookies. We and others may use these and similar technologies on our services and other websites, including to provide advertising or other targeted content or to understand our Platform or other Service’s audience.
Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites when you use our Platform or other Services. We do not respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use data we collect for a variety of purposes, including the following (which includes activity on behalf of our business clients):
- To provide our Platform to our Property Managers. As part of this, we may interact directly with consumers on behalf of our business clients to run credit reports and background checks, generate and process leasing applications, facilitate communication between Property Managers and residents, coordinate the move-in process, schedule maintenance services, communicate with consumers, accept rent payments, and other activities related to managing the property.
- To maintain, analyze, customize, measure, and improve our Services, which includes generating internal reports about the use of our Services.
- To send transactional communications, including requests for information, responses to requests for information, and other Service updates.
- To provide customer support.
- To communicate with you and our customers, including about products updates and offerings that we think they may be interested in.
- For account management, finance, dispute resolution, and reporting purposes.
- To monitor and enforce our legal terms or similar terms.
- For internal business reasons, including internal audits or investigations, company research, insurance purposes.
- To comply with law and satisfy our regulatory compliance obligations.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited, illicit or illegal activity, and to protect you, others, and ourselves.
- For other purposes permitted by law or to which you consent.
Please note that we may combine the information we gather about you in identifiable form, including information from third parties. We may use this information, for example, to improve and personalize our Services, content, and advertising.
How We Secure Information
We are committed to maintaining measures to protect the security of your information. Of course, despite these measures, no network or system is ever entirely secure. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We cannot guarantee the security of networks and systems that we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Information
We may share your information with third parties as permitted or required by law or as directed or authorized by you. For example, we may share information about you:
- With our Property Managers if your information is collected through our Platform on their behalf.
- At the direction of our customers with third parties. For example, our Platform may support integration with accounting and other systems as directed by our client. We are not responsible for these third parties’ data practices, and you should contact the Property Manager to understand their data practices.
- With our professional advisors who provide legal, compliance, accounting, banking, or consulting services.
- To comply with our legal obligations or to protect the interests, property, or legal rights of you, ourselves, or third parties.
- With law enforcement, officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar law enforcement request, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of this Privacy Notice or applicable terms.
- With companies or other entities in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
- For other legal purposes, such as to enforce our legal terms, or to exercise or defend legal claims.
- With your direction or consent.
What Choices Do I Have?
Updating your personal information. Residents and lease applicants may review and change certain personal information by logging into the portal made available by your Property Manager and visiting your account profile page. You may need to contact your Property Manager directly to change other account information under their control.
Other data rights. If you are a resident or prospective resident of a Property Manager, you may have other rights with respect to your data (such as access, correction, or deletion). To exercise these rights, you should contact your Property Manager directly.
Marketing communications. We may send you marketing communication to promote our own or your Property Manager’s products or services. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from Funnel Leasing on its own behalf by following the unsubscribe link in each email. Please note that you may continue to receive non-marketing emails from us after you opt-out. In some instances, communications may be sent through our platform on behalf of our Property Manager – you should contact them or refer to the message to exercise communication preferences with them.
Cookies. You have a number of choices regarding certain cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser’s setting to notify you of cookie placement or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our website may not function properly as a result.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. See the links below from the following third parties to understand the choices you may have:
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the Effective Date at the top of this Privacy Notice. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be effective once they are posted unless otherwise indicated.
If you have any questions or concern about this privacy notice or the privacy practices at Funnel Leasing, please contact us at 1115 Gunn Hwy, Suite 201, Odessa, FL 33556 or firstname.lastname@example.org or 833-979-3074.