Technical Support Engineer
Lutz, FL (Tampa, FL)
Have you ever rented an apartment and wished the process could be better? At Funnel, we do, too. We know we need to make the process of renting an apartment as easy as purchasing socks on Amazon. We’ve created cloud-based marketing and leasing software that delivers the ultimate rental experience for everyone involved in the process. We’re in the process of transforming the real estate industry through cutting-edge technology built, sold, and supported by the most passionate people you’ll meet.
We’re looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our rapidly growing Client Experience team. This isn’t your everyday Customer Support job — you will play a pivotal role to drive collaboration between Customer Support, Engineering, and our industry-leading clients. This is our first opening for a Technical Support Engineer, and your contributions will directly impact the future in terms of how we build our organization. You’ll directly support customers and deliver a world-class experience, and report to our Director of Support and Engineering leadership on opportunities to improve our processes and efficiencies as we scale.
Click the blue button at the bottom of the page to apply.
What we expect in this role
- Deep customer focus: You are dedicated to our customers’ success, compassionate to their issues, and patient as you find solutions for them.
- Insatiable curiosity: Be conversant in our top clients’ business needs and the industry. Develop a mastery of the technical intricacies of our solution and rapidly changing processes.
- Technical troubleshooting & problem-solving: Quickly identify root causes to customer issues, and escalate or deliver creative solutions to preempt them in the future.
- Autonomy: You embrace ambiguity, and deliver results autonomously with minimal direction or guidance.
- Eye for process improvement: Identify improvements across the Support and Engineering teams, such as developing new documentation or processes.
- Stellar communication: Distill and translate highly technical concepts to both technical and non-technical users.
What we think you’ll need
- 1-3+ years of customer-facing experience. Ideally, you’ll have worked in Customer Support before, but it’s OK if you haven’t — we’re willing to train the right person as long as you have a true passion for customer experience
- Solid experience and knowledge with Cloud & SaaS environments
- Experience in using developer tools, APIs, and error logs to diagnose issues
- Experience with updating and writing SQL queries
- Being comfortable with live communication both internally and externally across multiple channels (email, chat, phone/virtual meetings, etc.)
- Ability to receive and offer constructive feedback and work to maintain our company values and collaborative culture. Our team is mostly remote, so we work hard to stay connected & you need to be a strong team player
- Legal authorization to work full time in the USA (we can’t sponsor visas for this role)
You’ll really impress us if you have
- Prior experience in software development
- Prior experience in a developer or technical support role for a SaaS/cloud-based solution
- Experience or in-depth knowledge of the real estate space
- Experience working with a ticketing system Salesforce, Zendesk, Jira/Atlassian
Funnel offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll get to work with the most transparent, passionate, and brightest people ready to revolutionize the industry. If you’re looking for a rapidly growing company where you can advance your career, you’ve come to the right place.
Funnel is an equal opportunity employer. Any and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.