Sr. Software Engineer
Have you ever rented an apartment and wished the process could be better? At Funnel, we do, too. We know we need to make the process of renting an apartment as easy as purchasing socks on Amazon. We’ve created cloud-based marketing and leasing software that delivers the ultimate rental experience for everyone involved in the process. We’re in the process of transforming the real estate industry through cutting-edge technology built, sold, and supported by the most passionate people you’ll meet.
We’re searching for a Sr. Software Engineer who is excited to use cutting-edge technology to develop our product. We hope this individual is excited about working on a modern technology stack in an agile environment producing great products.
The Sr. Software Engineer role is fully remote, though if you are in the Tampa, Florida, or New York City area, you’d have the option to come into our local office.
Click the blue button at the bottom of the page to apply.
What you’ll do
- Work on a pod with other engineers partnered with a product owner and designer in a dynamic, agile environment innovating on new products and features.
- Shepherd new product features from conception through implementation and client feedback.
- Drive the development of internal and external APIs.
- Develop backend services to support product and data management.
- Constantly improve our development practices and architecture.
- Provide feedback and mentorship to other engineers on the team.
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Proficiency with one or more modern web application frameworks, like Django, Flask, Rails, etc.
- Experience designing schemas and optimizing queries in a relational database.
- Comfortable with the fundamentals of front-end development (HTML, CSS, JS) and one or more front-end frameworks (React, Backbone, Angular)
- Care about UX/Design and love talking product.
- Have a track record of motivating, and contributing to product engineering teams.
- Have a background as a strong individual contributor to development projects.
- An advocate of pragmatic testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Experience working in real estate
- Machine learning experience
Funnel is an equal opportunity employer. Any and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.